Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Initiatives
The purpose of this page is not to celebrate all that the Village is doing to in regards to diversity, equity, and inclusion, but to claim that we have so much more to do and need to be better as an organization and as a community.
The Village of Waunakee supports the fair and equal treatment of all human beings, denounces racism in all its forms, and has declared its commitment to the advancement of equity, diversity and inclusion. In committing to these beliefs, the Village Board has resolved the following:
- The Village Board unequivocally condemns any acts of violence or harassment that are perpetrated as a reaction to a person’s race, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, spousal affiliation, sex or socio-economic status; and
- The Village Board supports the fair and equitable treatment of all human beings in a just society and strongly denounces racism in all its forms, systemic or otherwise; and
- The Village Board affirms its belief that when one member of the Waunakee community is devalued, all are devalued. Further, the Village Board recognizes that words have power, can cause real and tangible harm to individuals, and tear at the fabric of our community; and
- The Village Board stands in solidarity with the Waunakee community, communities of color and those negatively impacted physically, emotionally, mentally, and/or economically by racism resulting from inherent biases and prejudice; and
- The Village Board recognizes the role it plays in fostering a healthy and prosperous environment for all residents of Waunakee and commits to the meaningful advancement of equity, diversity and inclusion in its community dialogue, services, programs and policies.