- Payments must be received on or before the due date.
- Please call 608-849-4573 to verify if your citation can be paid without a court appearance.
- Traffic/Municipal Ordinance Citation payments can be dropped off at Village Hall.
- Traffic/Municipal Ordinance Citation payments can be mailed - Please enclose a copy of the citation with your payment and mail it to:
Waunakee Municipal Court
500 W Main Street
P.O. Box 100
Waunakee, WI 53597
- We also accept credit card payments. To pay by credit card, please call 800-272-9829 or pay online through Official Payments. To successfully complete an online payment, you will need your citation number and your jurisdiction number is 5837.
Forfeitures are due in full on the day of your Initial Court Appearance date.
Types of Payment
We accept cash, check, money orders, cashier's checks, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa.
Past Due Payments
We accept cash, check, money orders, cashier's checks, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa. However, mailing in your payment or using a credit card can delay your penalty listed below being lifted. Payments made in person are recommended.
If you do not pay your forfeiture according to your payment schedule, the Waunakee Municipal Court could impose any of the following penalties:
- 1-year driver's license suspension*
- Turned over to The Stark Collection Agency - phone # 608-274-7764
- Tax Interception Program (TRIP)
- Writ of Commitment
- Dane County Warrant
*2015 Wisconsin Act 234 states the 2-year Driver's License Suspension penalty changed to a 1-year Driver's License Suspension
effective March 3rd, 2016; Driver's License Suspensions entered prior to this date are still for 2-years until paid in full