State & Federal Business Licenses & Permits

Food Safety and Recreational Licensing
The Food Safety and Recreational Licensing Section of the Wisconsin Department of Health and Family Services is responsible for the statewide licensing and regulation of: food operations, lodging establishments, campgrounds, swimming pools and body art businesses.

Seller's Permit
The Seller's Permit is required for in, partnerships, corporations, or other organizations making retail sales or rentals of tangible personal property or retail sales of taxable services in Wisconsin from a Wisconsin location, unless the seller is exempt from taxation.

Federal Employee Identification Number
An Employer Identification Number (EIN) is also know as a Federal Tax Identification Number, and is used to identify a business entity.

For persons interested in starting a new business, more information is available on the Department of Revenue's "Build Your Business" website.