- Arts and crafts space
- Community meeting rooms suitable for classes and organization meetings
- Dining for family events such as holidays and birthday parties
- Exercise equipment area (PDF)
- Multi-use gymnasium (PDF)
- Walking track (PDF)
ResponsibilitiesThe Community Services Department is housed in and responsible for the management of the center.
For a weather related update for Village Center Programs and activities please click
VILLAGE CENTER REOPENING PLANS
Dear Village Center Family:
We have missed seeing our members, and now we get to say "Welcome Back"! The Village Center team is thrilled to announce that we are taking steps to reopen a portion of our facility next week – Monday, June 1.
Our number one priority is to provide a safe and healthy environment for our staff and members. We are working closely with Public Health Madison and Dane County to ensure our facility is in compliance with the Forward Dane reopening plan.
Our staff team has spent countless hours brainstorming ideas and developing new expectations for the facility, staff and members as we plan to reopen. We are excited to welcome you back – but also ask for your patience and understanding as we navigate these new times.
FIRST TO OPEN: Fitness Center and Walking Track
The first step in our plan is the opening of our Fitness Center and Walking Track ONLY. Beginning on June 1 these facilities will be available by appointment only with a limit of 20 customers per hour. To arrange your visits please call us at 608-850-5992 during our business hours and our Welcome Desk team will put you on the schedule. No voicemails please. Appointments will be one hour in length and members will be allowed to schedule a maximum of 3 one-hour appointments per week.
When you arrive for your first work-out a signed “Member Health and Safety Agreement” will be required.
Effective Monday, June 29:
Monday - Thursday 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
(Close from 1:00 - 2:00 pm for cleaning)
Friday 6:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Saturday 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
VILLAGE CENTER: Re-Opening Expectations
As we plan to re-open the Village Center the health and safety of our staff and customers is our number one priority. Since March we have been hard at work learning from and collaborating with PHMDC, other facilities in our area, and experts from across the country. We are pleased to present our reopening plan and ask our members to commit to being our partners in this new normal.
Please take a few minutes to read through the expectations and familiarize yourself with them. We feel these expectations will assist us in providing an experience that will be safe and enjoyable for everyone at the Village Center.
- Please note: At this time it is required that you wear a mask the entire time that you are in our building.
FITNESS MEMBERSHIPS: Managing Credits
For all FIT Passes 3 months or longer – members will receive a “credit” for days missed or a “holiday from payment” that compensates them for the days that we were closed. While we are officially re-opening the facility on June 1 – the credits we are offering cover the dates of March 15 through June 15.
Annual EFT –
- The March EFT fees that were withdrawn from your bank account will cover the first 2 weeks of March while we were open and the final 2 weeks of June. No withdrawals were made in April or May. Regular withdrawals will begin July 1.
Paid-in-Full Memberships – 3 MONTH / 6 MONTH / 1 YEAR
- Your membership will automatically be extended for the amount of days that you were unable to use due to our closure – up to a maximum of 90 days.
- For example: We closed on March 15 – your 6 month pass was scheduled to expire on April 11 – your pass will be available for 28 days - June 15 to July 12.
Paid-in-Full Memberships – 1 MONTH
- All one month memberships were cancelled and customers received a credit on their VC amount for the proportionate value of the days remaining. An email was sent to these customers on May 18, 2020.
MOVING FORWARD: What Is Next?
We know that everyone is anxious to get back to the events and activities that we all enjoy throughout the summer. Fitness classes, tennis classes and leagues, youth programs, baseball, baby showers and park shelter rentals to name a few. We are following guidance included in the Forward Dane plan from Public Health Madison & Dane County to make decisions about which programs are offered and how they might be adjusted to meet the guidelines in place.
Here are some ways that you can stay in the loop on our programs/activities:
- If you are currently registered for a program – we will reach out to you personally as updates become available.
- Follow updates on the Village Center, parks and other Village Departments through the Village’s COVID-19 Update page: http://www.vil.waunakee.wi.us/886/COVID19
- Call us at 608-850-5992